- Learn how to investigate and solve your problems, so that you leave them behind for good.
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a class of problem solving methods aimed at identifying the root causes of problems or events.
- The natural tendency of many individuals and organizations when presented with a problem is to hastily come to a solution – any solution. They do not systematically analyze the problem to determine a root cause before considering potential solutions.
- The course will cover Logical and Root Cause Analysis tools that can be applied to identify potential root causes, which will then be verified.
Introduction of RCA
- Introduction to RCA
- Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Basic Statistics in Problem Solving
- Workshop: Identify COPQs in Your Company
Root Cause Analysis Process
- 5W2H Problem Definition & Reporting Structure
- Drill Down Tree for Problem Identification
- Process Mapping and Flow Charting
- Workshop: Problems Identification & Process Mapping
Logical Cause Analysis
- 5W2H – Who, What, When, Where, Why, How & How Many
- Basic Value Stream Mapping
- Pareto Charts & Analysis
- Data Collection Plan
- Workshop: Complete 5W2H for your Identified Problems
Root Cause Analysis Tools
- Ishikawa/Fishbone Diagrams
- 5 Whys Analysis
- Check Sheets and Check Lists
- Verifying Root Causes
- Workshop: Create Fishbone Diagrams and 5 Why Analysis
Managing the Analysis Process
- Brainstorming for Solutions
- PDCA Solutions Implementation Plan
- Workshop: Complete the 5W2HSolutions and Reporting Structure